Monday, September 9, 2013

A Week of Fun

Hi Family,

well another week has gone by and I can't believe it. The time is coming too quickly for me to say goodbye to this life and to the people that I love dearly. It is getting harder as the time passes passes more. But that just makes me enjoy everyday that much more. 

Well on for this last week. Opening up a new area requires patience, especially when you know that you are only going to be here for such a short time. It is basically just trying to help my companion figure things out and train her to be able to take over the area. But It requires a lot of trust and reliance on the spirit and a lot of good planning. 

But it does help that so many members are really excited to have sister missionaries in the area. We visited one member this last week who has officially one the title as #1 member. She didn't give us good or gifts all though all of those things are really nice. She prayed before we came over to know who she could refer to us. Who would be ready to hear our message? She gave us 3 names!!! 3!!! That is the most I have ever received during my mission. She is awesome. We even went to one of her friends house right then and met her and now she is trying to set up another appointment for the this week. Again AMAZING!!! This is what missionaries want and what really makes missionaries happy. Just so you know. So always be thinking and praying about people you can refer to the missionaries. Do it!! haha

Another fun time though that we had this last week was on Saturday we went and had sushi with some older members in the Japanese ward and then ended up buying us both a new pair of shoes and taking us to their house and giving us a ton of Japanese items for free. My companion got a kimono and we both got a lot of obi pieces and I was offered a Japanese harp but I of course turned that down. I was really surprised. We are living the dream in this area really. We get food, souvenirs and referrals. What more could a missionary ask for? :D

Yesterday in the English branch I spoke in Sacrament about Missionary work. That was so weird to give a talk in English but I was able to give it really well. Spending 18 months teaching has helped make me into a good speaker I think. haha It was really fun to speak and I felt the spirit strongly as I spoke. That is all that I wanted to do. Is teach and speak through the Holy Ghost always. 

Well I love you everyone. Sorry this e-mail isn't really descriptive but if you have questions you can ask me. I am getting to the point of just liking to read e-mails more than write them haha and of course chatting. :D

Love you all,
Kenzie


  




No comments:

Post a Comment